Thursday, June 3, 2010

"I need you"

“Momma,” in the small yet loud voice, Jaxson cried out for me. As I rounded the corner to his room, he said, “I need you.” He had woken up and just needed that comfort that I was there to love on him and lay beside him. To give him comfort that everything was ok and to just put my arms around him. As I was lying there, God begin to show me that this is who He is. He is our comfort in the darkness and when we are scared and not sure what to do or where to go and cant clearly see our way, all we have to do is call out for Him, “Daddy! I need you!” and there He will be, right beside us, to hold us, and give us the peace and comfort we need to make it through whatever it is we are battling with. Although I know this about Him, sometimes He likes to remind me that He loves me and cares for me more than I give Him credit for sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, I know He loves me but sometimes I just feel like I a very small part in the equation considering all the other important things that are going on in this world today. In this book I am reading, Radical, David Platt talks about how God is at the top of the mountain and we are at the bottom and our goal is to strive after Him but that God is God who doesn’t mind coming down off the mountain to come to us when we need Him. I love having that comfort in knowing my God loves me so much.

~Heidi

All you have to do is call out to Him and He will be right there to comfort you! Will you call for Him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment