Wednesday, July 25, 2012



Many years ago, I had a serious problem with worry. I would worry about everything especially finances. It wasn’t that I didn’t trust the Lord, I just didn’t think He really wanted to take care of me. After all, I am just little oh me. But He quickly began to deal with me and gave me Matthew 6:25-34. I had to read it daily. As I read it, I began to realize that He does take care of the animals and the earth and who am I that I am less than them. I am His child. I was finally becoming free from that bondage that brought so many tears and upset stomachs and even a few arguments between my husband and I. (I would nag him to death!) Today, I am free that worry. I cant say that it doesn’t try to creep up every now and then and cause me to become anxious but that voice of Holy Spirit is there to remind me that Greater is He that is in me than he that in this world and that God takes care of me. I go back to that word of the Lord and I remind the devil of those words also. So tonight as I am reading in Psalm…119 to be exact…I came across verse 165...Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble.” Wow! In reading Matthew 6 all those time, I began to LOVE the word of God and how He has called us to live. And tonight as I read 119:165 I realized that the worry and anxiety were no longer an issue in my life because of the Love I have for His word!

So I want to encourage you to read the Bible. A Psalm a day or a Proverb or anywhere….Just read it! And soon you will begin to see things shift in your life. Watch as God removes those things that cause you to stumble or that weaken your faith. There is 100% truth to Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” The word of God will help you in removing those things that cause you to stumble or that weaken your faith. Read It! Instead of the saying, “Got Milk,” I think of  “Got the Word!” Cheesy I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment